Cold months and winter are slowly approaching and you may be wondering how cold a jeep wrangler gets in winter, I get it, no one wants to wake early in a cold morning to a freezing vehicle. In this article, we are going to talk about how cold Jeep Wranglers get in the winter.
Are jeep wranglers cold in the winter?
Jeep wranglers are in fact warm in the winter, the heating system is so good, efficient, and warms up quickly. However, the temperature in an enclosed Jeep Wrangler is very different when compared to outside temperatures. There are a few things that can be done to keep you comfortable and stay warm in these cold winter months.
Are Jeep Wranglers warm in winter?
The Jeep Wrangler is warm but there are a few things that can help. Keep your heater set to its maximum temperature.
The ambient temperature will be much cooler than you think inside your vehicle. You can purchase seat covers and floor mats to keep warm and have some extra protection from the cold. The Jeep Wrangler seats do not have any kind of heat absorbers or insulation so adding seat covers will help with keeping you warm in the wintertime
What makes Jeep Wranglers Warm in the Winter?
You may be curious to know what makes jeep wranglers warm in the winter. It turns out they actually do not have any special systems that make them heat up more.
Instead, it is just the fact that they are really big and can encompass a larger space. They also have a lot of insulation, which is what really keeps you warm in the winter. the heating system is good and a few key features like the remote start makes it easier to sail through the cold months
What makes the Jeep wrangler heating system good?
The heating system is good because of the thermostat. The thermostat keeps your Jeep Wrangler warm during cold temperatures. The thermostat is a type of electronic sensor.
When the temperature outside starts to fall below 30 degrees, the thermostat sends electricity through the heating system.
The heater turns on and warms up quickly giving you a comfortable ride in the winter months. The engine, if the engine is well serviced and there is no oil leakage, should warm up very fast this helps heat up the entire vehicle pretty quickly.
Jeep Soft top vs Hard Top in Winter
I would say that the hardtop is better in winter because it keeps you warmer. The Hardtop blocks out any airflow and keeps you much warmer than a soft top.
The hardtop also has a defroster which can help with frost build-up on your windows and any ice or snow that may accumulate due to winter weather. The strong exterior metal helps give off heat and keeps you comfortable even when it is below 0 degrees. however, soft tops are also not so bad in winter.
The Soft tops tend to leak and let in a lot of air, but if you are very careful about it they can be warm.
Factors that influence how cold a Wrangler gets in winter
Things like the temperature outside, the quality of your vehicle’s heater, and how well you maintain your car can make a difference in how cold a car gets in winter.
A few extra steps you can take to deliver more heat to your feet and legs include: Use seat covers. Seat covers are an easy way to add an additional layer between you and your seat.
Another option is a heated seat cover that turns your existing seat into one which heats up in just a few minutes. Some can be programmed to turn on automatically when you first get in the car each day so that you get the warming effect as soon as possible.
How to make a jeep wrangler warmer in winter?
Here are some hints on how to make a jeep wrangler warmer in winter:
- Close all the windows and sunroofs(Keep your doors locked). If you keep windows and sunroof closed, this will help keep the heat in the jeep. Make sure that there is no air movement through your vehicle, which can lead to a loss of heat. Also, do not leave anything open that can let in air from outside or that can allow the air inside an already warm jeep to escape.
- If your jeep has a remote start use it to warm the vehicle before you get in it. If you have heated seats or steering wheel, use them as much as possible.
- The floor in your vehicle will be cold so put on warm boots and slippers to keep your feet warm.
- Put a heat-absorbing material under the seat covers, this will help with heat retention and heating up your entire jeep faster. A small towel can be a very good option, as it holds the warmth and keeps it from going away too fast.
- add thick floor mats and headliner insulation, these can help you in cold winters. However, these items will have to be replaced in the spring for comfort and summer driving.
- if your jeep doesn’t have heated seats as standard you can get a heated seat kit which can give amazing warming uptime.